[AT] briggs carb question

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Tue May 3 13:36:17 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 13:50, Len Rugen wrote:
> I think this is a pulsa-jet carb, it has a diaphram on the side of the carb,
> not between the carb and the tank.
>
> I have 2 motors, neither running, took both apart, one had the diaphram,
> then a little tin cap, then the spring.  The other had the cap, then the
> diaphram, then the spring.  I'll bet one is wrong....  neither run but will
> fire on carb cleaner.....
>
> Does anyone have a picture or know which order they should go?  I'm thinking
> the spring and cap should be indide the diaphram, but who knows....
>
> Thanks

You probably have the answers you were looking for, but I've had good
luck downloading the engine manuals from the Briggs and Stratton site at
www.briggsandstratton.com . You had to sign up for it last time I tried
but they had the manuals in PDF format. Even old ones they scanned in as
bitmaps; they might have been a bit tired-looking but they had LOTS of
valuable information and the price was right.

HTH

Ken