[AT] Portland Workday

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Sun May 1 09:29:47 PDT 2005

    Farmer;
    Thanks for the appreciation and kind words. I enjoyed the
day very much and glad to help with the cleanup. George will
have less trouble getting the motor home in beside the trees
since we cut them back some. There will be a few trees missing
that were close to the drives that made it a little difficult to
maneuver with a trailer. The low hanging electric and phone
lines were raised for better clearance. The pine trees near the
gate are now gone, so there will be more parking room for
buggies and golf carts inside the campground gate.
    They are expecting a large turnout for this year's show
since they are featuring John Deere, but I will be there anyway.
    I do plan to make the swap meet and like you, have to decide
what needs to go. Only 2 more weeks to get ready. Need to come
up with a way to load the camper on the Dodge dually. The jacks
aren't wide enough for the rear fenders to pass. I am thinking
of building a pole structure framework with a winch to raise and
lower it on the truck. Just not comfortable with the extensions
for the jacks that would be necessary.
    I understand your needs to take care of your concerns at
home. These take priority over any other matters.
    Be looking for you at the swap meet.

                    Gene

:
:
: Hi Gene:
:
: I believe all of us at ATIS owe you a large thanks (especially
those of us that get to
: the Portland show) for your efforts at both the work day and
ahead of and during the
: show. Both as wagon master and ATIS ambassador. THANKS!!!
: I apologise for screwing up and missing the work day. Like you
I maintain a membership
: in the Tri-state club and am trying to get better acquainted
with the members there. The
: Christmas dinner was an absolute blast. Health problems with
Diana's mother (88)(who
: lives with us) and my mother (83)(who lives here on the farm)
have kept us in absolute
: chaos here for a while now. Things like a day away for an
auction, tractor show or a
: dinner are coveted bits of time for ourselves. We were hoping
that it would rain heavy
: Friday night so they would postpone the work day until next
week. List member Scott Pike
: and Diana and I planned to go to Portland work day together
next week if it had been put
: off until then. Son Scott might have been along as well. We
will try to do better next
: year.
: Meanwhile know that your efforts are appreciated by us as well
as the Tri-state folks.
: Hope to see you and others at the swap meet there... IN A FEW
WEEKS...  YIKES, I better
: be getting ready...
:
: