[AT] Portland Workday

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun May 1 07:24:53 PDT 2005

On 1 May 2005 at 6:59, Gene Dotson wrote:

>     Had a successful workday at Portland yesterday. The trees
> are all trimmed and the new storage area is completed. Due to
> the wet grounds, the loading dock project had to be put off till
> drier conditions. There will not be another work day for this as
> the local members will do this.
>     It was a good day for the work as it was cool and mostly
> cloudy and no rain for the day.
>     There was a large turnout for the day, but only about 25
> percent seemed to be there to work, but had a 100 percent
> turnout for dinner at the Ponderosa. I was the only one from
> A.T.I.S., but they were pleased with my performance
>     Had a nice visit with Chris Englehardt and he has assured
> that he will be able to reserve our area again this year. I have
> asked for a little more space and he has agreed to reserve it
> for us.
>     It was nice to be able to work and visit with friends from
> the Tri-State club.
>
>             Gene

	Hi Gene:

	I believe all of us at ATIS owe you a large thanks (especially those of us that get to
the Portland show) for your efforts at both the work day and ahead of and during the
show. Both as wagon master and ATIS ambassador. THANKS!!!
	I apologise for screwing up and missing the work day. Like you I maintain a membership
in the Tri-state club and am trying to get better acquainted with the members there. The
Christmas dinner was an absolute blast. Health problems with Diana's mother (88)(who
lives with us) and my mother (83)(who lives here on the farm) have kept us in absolute
chaos here for a while now. Things like a day away for an auction, tractor show or a
dinner are coveted bits of time for ourselves. We were hoping that it would rain heavy
Friday night so they would postpone the work day until next week. List member Scott Pike
and Diana and I planned to go to Portland work day together next week if it had been put
off until then. Son Scott might have been along as well. We will try to do better next
year.
	Meanwhile know that your efforts are appreciated by us as well as the Tri-state folks.
	Hope to see you and others at the swap meet there... IN A FEW WEEKS...  YIKES, I better
be getting ready...

--
"farmer"