[Farmall] Looking for 340 parts

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Wed Mar 30 07:24:55 PST 2005

Assuming no major problems, the 340 brakes are the usual IH disc brakes.
It is not hard to replace the disc brakes.  Some guys will rough up the
steel with sand paper that the disc contacts with, but I don't if it helps
all that much or even is a good idea.   The brake job is certainly a do it
yourself job if the only problem is worn pads.    The return spring might
still be available from Case-IH or you might try the local hardware store
for something that works.  I have a parts manual for the 340 but my
computer at home is not working.  The parts manuals come up on eBay
occasionally and certainly are help in search for parts in contact the
various salvage yards on the internet or even working the the local
Case-IH parts guys.

Good luck.

Larry

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

br549 at hemc.net
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
03/30/2005 08:52 AM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com
cc

Subject
[Farmall] Looking for 340 parts

I just got my 340 home Saturday night (with zero problems even using
an old truck and "following the sun" to get home). It looks pretty good
(recent repaint) but on closer inspection, needs some TLC.

The parking brake latch was frozen (now working) but the brakes
hardly work themselves. Is a brake job difficult or costly? I also
noticed that the left footrest was bent and looking closely I found the
rear bracket was bent, the clutch pedal was rewelded and bent and
the front bracket was bent and broken. I sourced a clutch pedal, think
I can straighten the rear bracket but need the front bracket and return
spring. Are there any other models (240? 330? 460?) that have the
same footrest arrangement and might have the parts I need (if
someone out there can't put me in touch with the parts)?

Thanks for all the great info and help thus far...