[Farmall] Looking for 340 parts

br549 at hemc.net br549 at hemc.net
Wed Mar 30 06:52:55 PST 2005

I just got my 340 home Saturday night (with zero problems even using
an old truck and "following the sun" to get home). It looks pretty good
(recent repaint) but on closer inspection, needs some TLC.

The parking brake latch was frozen (now working) but the brakes
hardly work themselves. Is a brake job difficult or costly? I also
noticed that the left footrest was bent and looking closely I found the
rear bracket was bent, the clutch pedal was rewelded and bent and
the front bracket was bent and broken. I sourced a clutch pedal, think
I can straighten the rear bracket but need the front bracket and return
spring. Are there any other models (240? 330? 460?) that have the
same footrest arrangement and might have the parts I need (if
someone out there can't put me in touch with the parts)?

Thanks for all the great info and help thus far...