[AT] Some ads from the 3/26 Lancaster Farming

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Mar 27 07:12:23 PST 2005

That does indeed sound tempting. The number is unlisted, but it is in
the Belvidere exchange, which puts it right on the Delaware River just a
little south of the Bethlehem/Easton area.

My Guide tells me that the IB was made from 1938-1958, but the numbers
made each year appear to be small. I am not much acquainted with Allis
Chalmers, except having seen the ones that Cecil Monson has and Roger
Welsch has written about. From images found with a Google search, it is
definitely a small ("Cub/Pony" size) tractor, not something that I would
want to use for clearing my road. I wonder if the cab is some kind of
plywood and plastic sheet monster or a real fitted cab. The problem with
this model is that I suspect that any needed parts are going to be hard
to find and expensive.

If anyone is serious about this machine and is in contact with the
seller, I can take a ride over, kick the tires, and take some digital
images. We are expecting 2" of rain on Monday, but the rest of the week
may not be all that bad.

Mike

charlie hill wrote:

>> Allis Chalmers IB w/hydraulic snowplow, eights, and cab, runs and drives
>> $2700 Simplicity shredder, thatcher, mower. Warren Co. 908-475-3330.
>

> If someone up Mike's way wants a nice collectable piece this IB would be
> a good one.  No way to tell from the ad what kind of shape it's in but
> IB's are rare and one with a snow plow and cab sure would make a fine
> project and parade piece.
>
> Charlie

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

He that is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell
and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. -Thomas Paine,
philosopher and writer (1737-1809)