[AT] "First" diesel crawler w/ Blade

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Wed Mar 16 12:31:28 PST 2005

The "Diesel" would be a Diesel 60, 1C series.
This grew into the Diesel 65 etc.

There were 2 at Brownsville several years ago...
http://www.nesys.org/HCEA/BV99/BV99.html
...way down the page, I really should turn it into a thumbnail page.

My understanding is that only one of these is original, the other is a
repowered gas 60..

Since blades were aftermarket at the time, it's anyone's guess when
someone first hung one on a diesel Cat.

The same page shows a repowered 60 "Felix" with a cable blade.

Parallel was the Diesel 40 -> 45 -> RD6 progression,  3 cylinder.

There is an RD-6 in this shot from the 2004 HCEA National in Saegertown.
http://www.nesys.org/HCEA/PONY/PONY2004/DSM06152.html
(L-R: Gas Sixty, RD-6, Gas Thirty,  D2)

Dave Merchant