[AT] "First" diesel crawler w/ Blade

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Mar 16 14:05:02 PST 2005

	How did all of this tractor content sneak in here?   ;-)   ;-)   ;-)

	The term bulldozer is not as tightly defined as most of us would see it...

1) bulldozer. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition.
2000.
...1. A heavy, driver-operated machine for clearing and grading land, usually having
continuous treads and a broad hydraulic blade in front. 2. An overbearing person;...

	Another source just said a large tractor.
	I found one news report that called what I would call a "pan scraper" a bulldozer. On
the Indy news stations they call what I would call a loader (commonly called a "pay
loader" around here) a bulldozer.

	A bit of info:
http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/bltractor.htm

	I could not find much of anything about the "first diesel bulldozer"
--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. Here 100 years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net