[AT] OT : ! puter question for dsl

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:18:03 PST 2005

Ivan,

I leave my machine on all the time with DSL, but shutting it down is not a
problem.  When it boots back up on turn on, the internet connection is there
and ready to go. My practice is to use the sleep function most of the time
the machine is not in actual use.  I shut down when required for new
software, if it appears some files may be messed up, or when a t-storm is
expected.  Then I turn off the master power switch and hope a strike or
surge will not jump it.
As is your practice, I keep sensitive info on a disk or on a machine not
connected to the net.

Hope this helps.
Charlie V. in cold but sunny WNT.