[AT] trimming the fleet

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Mar 2 10:03:32 PST 2005

I see that your Ford 2N has the same left side hand brake that mine has.
I am guessing that it must have been a commercially aftermarket
accessory for the 9N/2N tractors, but I have never seen another until I
saw your image.

It is too bad you are not closer - our mosquito control commission uses
a contractor with similar aircraft to control larva in wetlands. But the
only licensed contractor in the area is seriously considering
retirement. Our only alternative is rotary craft, and the cost of
application in that scenario is easily 5 times that of fixed wing
application.

Good luck,

Mike

Ronald L. Cook wrote:
> Fellows,
>     I am needing to fund my business and will be selling a couple
> tractors amongst other items.  It looks like my B Allis and my 2N Ford
> will go. There will also be an airplane or two and a bunch of Willys
> jeeps and a couple Willys pickups to go.  I will just keep selling until
> the ends meet.  If the word can get passed on, I would appreciate it.
> Check my site:  http://www.pionet.net/~rlcook
> I have started work on the "For Sale" link and will be updating as
> necessary.  I have a few things on there.  Hopefully I can make room for
> that 420C so it won't have to sit outside when it gets here.<g>
>
> Ron Cook
> Salix, IA

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

He that is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell
and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. -Thomas Paine,
philosopher and writer (1737-1809)