[AJD] I'll Never Complain Again

Terry L. Hrdlicka th01209 at alltel.net
Thu Mar 31 04:18:50 PST 2005

I've turned over a new leaf.  I'll never again complain (maybe) about JD
part prices!

Due to the insane cost of gasoline, I decided to pull a '78 Kawasaki
KZ200 out of a deep, dark corner of the barn, and get it road worthy to
ride to work this summer.  Got the carb un-gunked and got it running
pretty well.  Discovered headlight was burned out.  Did some internet
searching, and found that the sealed beam unit for that particular bike
was all but impossible to find, and nothing else made by man would fit
the headlight "bucket."  Called a Kawasaki dealer in Lincoln, and was
told that he could still order a NOS sealed beam....$110!  Thats $110
for a STINKING LIGHTBULB!

Went to a "custom" bike shop, and amongst the Nortons, BSA's, Triumphs,
and Harleys, sheepisly explained my delemma to the parts guy.  He came
up with a fancy chrome headlight bucket with lense and halogen bulb for
$69.  Fits well, looks better, and the next time the bulb burns out
it'll cost me about $10 to replace!

I just hope there isn't a Kawasaki Korrect Police!

Nice thing about this little 1 lung bike, when it's idling, it kind of
sounds like my A :)

Terry