[AJD] John Deere 650

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 17:07:20 PST 2005

Mike,

        The mower had some opportunities whenever it was mounted.  Since I had a 54" 4 way front blade for snow removal, the mower had to be removed each fall.  The blade had a support which extended under the tractor and attached to the drawbar.  I can't remember for sure but I think that you had to drive over the deck with the front wheels in order to mount the mower.  It was not easy but it worked and only had to be done twice a year so it was tolerated. When I traded for the 750, I went to a rear Woods mower since I felt that it would be easier to mount. Well It was easier to mount, but it was harder to manuver the mower close to flower beds, trees, ect. So when I moved to the 4400, I went back to the belly mount mower and I am very happy with it up to now.  Must add that the tractor is 5 years old and the mower has not been off it yet.....LOL

Ken Jones

Michael Mummert <mummert at flatwoodplantation.com> wrote:
Thanks Ken. How easy was the mounting of the L59 on your 650? On the Super
A it's too much trouble to take on and off to use the tractor for other
things. By getting this one, my plan is to replace both the Super A that I
cut grass with and the Ford 2000 that I use for the garden and bush hogging.
The Ford is too big for the garden anyway.

Mike