[AJD] John Deere 650

lyman amsden anneandlyman at rangeweb.net
Mon Mar 14 21:05:12 PST 2005

Dean

Thanks for your reply!
Seems the 650 is smaller than I had hoped for, have not seen it yet, as
I'm used to farming with a G I think I would be disappointed.
Yes it is 4 wheel drive or front wheel assist, has a 4 ft loader on it ,
also at this sale are other implements such as one bottom plow , mower
and mulcher.
I was hoping it would be bigger.
The station is going great, would be a money maker if we weren't always
buying so much. Averages around $2500 to $3000 per day.
Would be a real moneymaker if gas prices were lower.
Guess I'll go to the sale and see if I can buy the 650 at a reasonable
price to allow me to buy some of the equipment also.
Have been following some of the discussions on this list but as you know
I'm not knowledgeable enough to add much to the discussion.
Almost answered the one discussion about how dangerous it was to start a
tractor from the ground while it was in gear and the operator was
standing in front of the back wheel. Luckily my G seldom starts on the
first pop but
Did scare the heck out of me.
Don't get much free time to work on my projects, but son bought me a
2004 one ton Duramax Diesel to use at the station which is some comfort,
specially enjoy the heated seats and the SM radio.
Also good to hear from you, and keep up the good work you do in advising
guys like me about this old iron.

Amsden, south by east Montana

PS--- Am coming up on 79. slowing up some but can only blame it on
laziness
And not old age. Have free coffee and peanuts every day at the station
if you ever get out this way.  Lyman