[AT] Question

dfolske at nccray.net dfolske at nccray.net
Mon Mar 28 06:36:03 PST 2005

On 27 Mar 2005 at 11:46, Richard Fink Sr wrote:

> Hi every one i have a need in the near future for a post hole drill. Can
> any one tell me if one can be mounted on a Case SC. It has some sort on
> hitch on it but not like the 3 point i have seen on other tractors. Can
> this be made to work???????
> R Fink
Most of the early power post hole diggers in this area had frames which
mounted to a solid drawbar and the gear box and auger slid up and
down in the frame. They were actually better than the three point units
for digging because they moved in a true vertical path rather than an
arc. Some had down pressure some didn't.

The problem with them was the length of time it took to mount them vs a
3 pt unit.

I now use a hydraulicly driven auger which hangs from a pipe that can
slide over one of the bale spears on my loader and fastens with a single
bolt. Very quick to install, down pressure and with a 3 foot extension on
it I can dig deeper than a 3 pt unit.