[AT] Simple handy tool

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sun Mar 27 14:09:03 PST 2005

>Not that my time is any more valuable to
anybody else than before, I just never seem to have enough these days. I
think a lot of
it stems from getting less done in a hour than I used to.   :-)

There's an old joke/puzzle/story about that, Farmer.  It has to do with
the fact that a man used to be able to mow his whole lawn with only one
tank of gas in his walk-behind lawnmower, but now it is taking nearly
two!  The answer, of course, is that he doesn't walk nearly as fast as
he used to, so the mower runs longer and takes more gas.

My wife and I experienced one of those "landmark" events in our lives
yesterday.  We went to a funeral and found we were the oldest living
people in attendance.  =8-0  That'll shake you up.

Sunday afternoon's used to be very stressful times around our house in
years past when we both had "9-to-5" jobs.  We scurried around to get
everything done before the "work week" started.  Now, Sunday afternoon
and evening are times of real relaxation and enjoyment.  If we "don't
get it done", it will be there waiting for us to do it tomorrow, and
tomorrow is just as relaxed as today.

I think I'll head out to the shop and twist wrenches on some tractors
for a while.

Larry