[AT] I need help on 3 pt

Clint D driggars at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 27 13:38:32 PST 2005

Well, I went out and tried to bleed the hydraulic system. I run thru 25 gallons of
hyd fluid. I get some pressure from a hose coming from an aux  hyd lever control.
but with the engine at full throttle I can still hold my finger over the end of
the line and stop the flow??? A lot less pressure than comes from a water hose!

I did have the pump off and all the lines off but see no reason why the hyd pump
would go from working to being worn out just from R & R it. I checked all the
lines and cannot find anyplace it could be sucking air.

it is weird, I can get fluid to coming out a line and as it starts it seems to
start at a dribble then finally gets a stream going, but like I said, I can put my
finger over the stream and easily stop the flow, then If I let it sit a few
minutes, and then try again, no pressure at all, and it will take a moment to get
any pressure at all again,

could a worn pump act like this? once all the pressure is relieved from pulling it
off, it just looses all its effect?

Clint