[Farmall] lets talk Farmalls

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 25 17:18:53 PST 2005

Well since nobody else wants to talk Farmalls I'll talk to myself.

It's time to topdress wheat in my area so we need to make sure the M is
ready to go. I've spoke of this lovable old workhorse many times but for
those who don't remember it has a mounted John Blue ground driven spray rig.
Does a great job of spraying nitrogen.

The M has always planted corn for us but I've given up on growing corn and
am only planting beans and wheat now. I've also gone fully to no-till. All
this means that the only field work for the M will be spraying nitrogen in
March. I used to pull my cultipacker with it. It sure sounded great doing
that job.

The planned paint job for the Cub is on hold due to sinus surgery I will be
having next week. Doc won't let me go back to work for 2 weeks because the
air there is too dirty. He even wants me to wear a dust mask this summer
around the farm. Maybe by May things will be healed enough to start cleaning
a tractor and painting (obviously I'll be wearing a repirator).

Anybody else got red tractors in their future???????

John Hall