[AT] Pitchforks - new vs. old.

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Fri Mar 25 10:34:56 PST 2005

Farmer,
I know what you mean by  that I always try to find older tools at the garage
sales I look at some of the  junk they sell and just wonder who designed them.
I make my own hay hooks on the  forge and have given quite a few to close
friends who just love them. Those new  things in the store are not much better
than a long thin hammer. I did notice  though that someone has taken my design
and I see them in the feed stores now. I  got my design from an old one that
was here on the farm when I bought it. Simple  thing made from a piece of thin
tapered steel with a half inch pipe for a  handle. Its the curl on the tip that
makes its pull right into a bail of hay  when you pull it forward. No banging
it into the bail or slapping it hard like  with those new fangled things.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow  Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460