[AT] Left or right combines?

Gene Waugh gwaugh at wowway.com
Sun Mar 20 07:17:19 PST 2005

I might well be wrong, and if so, someone please set me straight---my memory
is that the actual auger drive was chain and sprocket, but I bet that at
some point the power transmission was v belt and idler pulley.

I had on a heavy pair of boots that day, and sure was thankful for that!
All I did was lost the big toe nail.  That same summer, a farmer in the area
(I did not know the people) lost a 2 yr old boy through an auger while
unloading.  That has stuck with me for some 45 years now, and I still
shudder when I think of what the consequences of my carelessness might have
been.  Of course, we were teenagers....
Gene