[AT] Left or right combines?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Mar 19 10:25:25 PST 2005

Original Message -----
From: charlie hill <chill8 at cox.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Left or right combines?

> Gosh Dudley,  that sounds very familiar.  I think you hit it on the head.
> had forgotten about that y deverter valve but now I can picture it
> Charlie

My Dad's Case model A had a bagging attachment as I recall. A small pipe
sticking out the bottom of the hopper and a little platform nearby although
I can only guess how it was meant to work as we never used that method here.
Grain was allowed to fill the hopper (25 bushels or so) and then augered out
into the truck box.
Now that I think about it this combine also had the little rotary cleaner up
on the top of the hopper. I wonder if this spout on the outside of the
hopper was to direct the weed seeds into bags?

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/