[AT] Left or right combines?

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Mar 18 15:05:37 PST 2005

Hi Al,

I just can't remember how granddaddy did it.   He lived in Columbus Co
(about 125 miles from us).  I was down there fairly often but not that often
when there was actually any work going on.
I do remember being there once when he was picking beans and I remember
riding on the back of that combine.  It seems to me like I was actually
helping do the work but if I was it must have been easy because I would have
only been about 9 years old or so. grins.

That doesn't mean I didn't work and work hard at 9.  I spent many long, sun
up to sun set, days in a tractor seat when I was 9 or 10, working on my
dad's farm.  However, I can't imagine granddaddy trusting me with something
as important as tying up bags full of beans and tossing them on the ground.

Charlie