[AT] Left or right combines?

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Fri Mar 18 14:47:28 PST 2005

Charlie-
A miller's knot isn't hard to tie, but it sure is hard to tie "right".  As a
teen, we were past the time of having to bag oats on the combine where you
really had to be able to tie a miller's knot fast and tight.  But for a few
years before the vacuum trucks became common we would have to bag oats every
Saturday to take to the mill for feed.  Sometimes I got to do it alone and
it sure was critical to tie the knot right or somewheres along the half a
dozen times the bag would be handled before bing dumped in the mill the bag
would burst open and everyone would ask, "who tied that sloppy knot?"
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
(2) AC D-14, AC 914H
Simplicity 3112 & 7116