[AT] sickle grinder

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Mon Mar 14 11:10:39 PST 2005

LOL!  One of the topics of discussion with my cousin last week was the
fact that his brother is NOT a good mechanic.  The brother complained to
me back in the 80's about what a rotten piece of equipment the Hesston
is.  Maybe if he had taken the time to sharpen the knife ---

The same cousin bought a new drive chain for the JD baler that his
brother runs.  But the brother wouldn't take the time to replace the old
one.  He ran it until it broke, and of course the chopper was down when
it happened, the ram continued to run, and the result is that the whole
chamber got torn up, the ram is bent, the chopper is broken, and the
baler is essentially scrap.

Larry