[AT] Some ads from the 3/12 Lancaster Farming

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Sun Mar 13 11:17:40 PST 2005

Speaking of sickle bar grinders - I have a Simo Sickle Bar Grinder machine
I'd like to sell. It is an electric powered (1/3HP ?) machine with a three
legged stand and a narrow "table" that you lay the whole knife on and then
grind each section as you index the knife across the table. There is an
extra new grinding wheel or two that goes along with it. It is a neat tool
to have in the shop but my shop is WAY too crowded and my two Gravely sickle
bars are sharp as is the one for my Farmall Cub. I have extra sections for
the Cub and the Gravely and it will probably be a long, long time before I
might need to use this machine again. It is really nice for regrinding knife
sections that got a bit too close to a rock and saves you the time of
riveting a new section in. If you use any hay equipment with a sickle cutter
this would be a nice addition to your shop. If anyone might be interested in
this machine I will have my wife take a few digital pics if it and email
them to you. The stand under the grinder can be easily taken apart and it
would all fit in a box to be UPS'ed. I'm in NE Ohio and I'd like to get
around the $75 I have in it. Email me at  greerfamATraex.com just change the
AT to @ . Thanks
Mark