[AJD] INFO- Speed Hour Meters

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Fri Mar 11 23:03:19 PST 2005

Dean
I understand your concerns but I think you are perhaps overanalyzing the entire intent of
what's being offered.
First off, I restate they are not Borg Warner meters. No big deal but since we appear to be
concerned about the letter of the law we should stop this misconception here.

Honestly, all Nick is wanting to do, as I stated earlier, is supply a needed part at as fair a
price as possible with an allowable margin of profit to offset the investment of both money,
research, and time he has put into these.
I really can't think of how better to describe these other than new. The description is crystal
clear to me and so long as the product is guaranteed I myself would not have a problem. Heck I
wouldn't care if it was guaranteed or not as I understand what has been done to these meters
and I also know far too well how difficult it is to locate a correct alternative. I'm just
grateful another option is now available.
I don't know where and indeed even if nomenclature and wording either is or needs to be defined
so completely for what is a really a hobby and ultimately a personal buying decision. Take it
or leave it when you see the item I think. Guidelines for descriptions and definitions are
different for each person and if every eventuality was attempted to be covered then the entire
transaction and procedure would devolve into a hopeless quagmire and the end result would still
not be 100% perfect for everyone.
I think it's just a matter of reading what's offered, understanding it for what it is, getting
clarification from the seller, and making a decision.
Many things can be read into almost anything if you look hard enough.

Of course the alternative, unattainable at this point, would be to have entire production runs
of these meters produced. Believe me, the price would be staggering. This then means the choice
becomes either forget it due to the expense involved or have the meters available on a semi-
custom basis as Nick has done. I choose the latter as at least you have the choice.

Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Fri Mar 11 12:17 , 'Dean VP' <deanvp at att.net> sent:

bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com] On Behalf Of