[AT] ZTR's

David Holcombe Dlholcombe at una.edu
Tue Mar 8 19:36:16 PST 2005

I've been mowing semi-commercially for over 3 years. I read everything I
could get my hands on
before I finally got a ZTR. The first thing I bought was an Exmark Metro
walk-behind with a 13 hp Kohler,
36" cut with a sulky. I can mow any lawn in 1/3 the time a conventional 20
hp, 42" deck can.

Last summer I bought an Exmark Lazer Z, only 18 hp, 44" deck. I can mow any
lawn in over half the time
a conventional  20 hp, 44" deck can.

You may be able to get a better mower, but for my money it is an Exmark.

If you want a ZTR with a bagger I would use a Walker.

If you want mow on a slope, just mow it up and down, not sideways. You have
to remember
that these machines are driven by hydraulics and have the same pressure on
the wheels whether
going up hill of down hill.

David Holcombe in extreme NW AL