[AT] ZTR's laughing

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Tue Mar 8 16:35:44 PST 2005

Kreig,

I've been using an old Dixon ZTR for trimming for a couple years, so I
probably would look at Dixons first.  I rescued this old one from a flea
market... not especially because I wanted it to mow with, but because I have
been a fan of their original cone drive since before they figured out how to
use it in mowers.  I first learned about the drive from a Popular Mechanics
article way back in the early 50's.  I still think it was a clever idea.

It was a basket case but I got it working again after a lot of machine work
and found it useful, mainly for trimming.  If I buy a new one. it probably
will be a bigger one with a more modern hydraulic drive system.  I think the
modern ones will be more robust.

George Willer