[AT] ZTR's

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 8 04:42:48 PST 2005

>From: "kreig" <astroguy at nas.com>
>Subject: [AT] OT - zero turn mowers
>" I am convinced there is no other
>:option, those old fasioned mowers with steering wheels dont make the cut!!

My main concern would be loengevity, and parts support 20 years down the
road.  I know you said you don't like 'steering' wheels.. etc.. but I've
seen tons of 70's & 80's lawnmowers that just keep going with noting more
than belts, blades, tires and oil changes.. etc.

I would think steering clutches or seals in the hydrostatic motors may be a
wear issue ??  In other words.. 30 years down the road.. is that mower gonna
be around.. and at a show, and still working? or is it goin to have already
been recycled 6 times and be part of a soup can or something?

Soundguy