[AJD] JD Manual scans on CD

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Sun Mar 6 12:15:16 PST 2005

Ron,

I am not upset, you are asking a fair question.

I had two copies at my shop for my computers (desktop, laptop) there and
I had one for my home computer and I bought the 4th one because the home
one got misplaced for a while.  I bought these around 1996 - 1998.
before I had kids and had the extra money to have extra toys. Now I have
one computer at home and one at my shop.  I don't need the extra copies.

Market won't give a fair price at this time, because knock-off copies
are being sold.  I am not going to sell the legitimate copies that I
have for less money than what was paid for them.  When Deere was still
producing them, yes, they would bring less then retail price, but they
are out of production and desirable.  If you were to go and purchase
every catalog on that CD, it would cost $1,460 to buy all those manuals
now.  I will hang onto my CD's, I have sold one and one of my 10 CD
vintage equipment sets.  I will hang onto them until the knock-off's are
cleared out.  Then try to sell them.  I priced all the catalog's on the
10 CD set. It comes out to $33,990, and there are 20 catalogs no longer
available on these CD's.  If you are collecting tractors and equipment
or repairing/restoring as a business, these CD were a bargain

It is also a personal thing about being upset about copyright
infringement.  My mom has had a few books published, mostly Christian
poetry.  When someone has asked permission to use her material, she has
always granted permission, without expecting anything in return.  There
has been some people that have stolen her work and sold it as their own
reaping a profit.  The thing that bothered my mom was the fact that they
claimed the work as their own, when it wasn't.  Then they would get a
polite letter asking them to stop or legal action would have to follow.

Lou