[AJD] 530 Reassembly Questions

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 18:05:29 PST 2005

In putting my 530 back together, I have several questions where I could use your assistance:

    Should the counter shaft idler gear be able to turn independently of the remainder of the gears on the counter shaft?  I have installed the counter shaft and the sliding gear shaft but no where in my reference materials do I find that the double idler gear should turn independently of the other gears on that shaft once the nut on the left side of the shaft is tightened.

    When installing the rear axle casting back onto the case should I use a gasket dressing on the gasket ?