[AJD] Wico C Magneto troubles

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 19:22:30 PST 2005

  I finally found some time today to dig into my
troublesome magneto.   Today,  when I tested it before
I took it apart,  It has a consistantly crappy weak
spark,  I could not reproduce the one good spark and
then none.  I replaced the main bakolite housing that
was damaged when I dropped it,  and replaced the
points.  I also cleaned up all the connections and
lubed it up.  Now I have a nice hot spark.  I ran it
on the A today for about 2 hours and it worked very
well.

   When I dropped the mag and caused the problem
originally,  the little flange that held the cap in
place was broken out,  I am guessing that things just
weren't lining up properly,  but I guess I will never
know for sure why it behaved the way it did.

                Chris