[AT] anybody close to this?

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Wed Mar 2 14:08:30 PST 2005

Yes, I've been through Fancy Gap on US 52. I agree with you, the drive
on I-77 is much easier than driving US 52 - the drive on I-77 isn't bad
at all unless the wind is blowing.  It's been a few years since I've
been on 52 in that area.
In fact, when I was a youngster, my dad would drive up to Orchard Gap
(between Fancy Gap and Mt. Airy) and pick a pickup truckload of peaches.
  He was going anyway so he took "orders" from all the neighbors and
made the trip to a small, family-owned orchard where we would pick our
own produce.  Picking a few bushels of peaches wasn't so bad but I'm
sure picking them all day was about like priming tobacco <grin>.
That's beautiful country up there.

David