[AJD] Tire news

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Mar 2 15:49:31 PST 2005

This note was on the General ATIS list today:

On my corporate email, there was a announcement that Titan International
Tire company has agreed to buy the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co's North
American farm tire business for about $100 million. This includes their farm
tire manufacturing plant in Freeport Ill. They will maintain both the Titan
and Goodyear brands with the Goodyear being the premium brand. I have no
idea what this might mean to antique tractor collectors.

Larry Dotson