[Farmall] High-Flotation M

Dean Vinson vinsond at voyager.net
Tue Mar 1 13:02:54 PST 2005

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3876937370>

BIRDDOG wrote:
> Because  there is a spray rig in the background of one picture, Dean, I
> will guess this M was set up for that purpose.  It surely could be
> driven in very wet fields without doing damage to the ground.  On the
> other hand, I was on a family vacation in Hialeah Fl. around 1950, and
> there was a swamp buggy in the neighborhood.  It was used to run in the
> Everglades and was a shortened Model A ford truck with tires all the way
> around nearly that size.???  Very interesting.

Thanks--both possibilities make sense although I suppose it's a little
more likely that it at least started out for some agricultural use
rather than swamp buggy duty.  Sure would turn some heads among the
local ATV crowd, though.  Be interesting to drive it, with those
gigantic tires spreading out toward the horizon all around you.  Wonder
how tight it can turn?

Dean Vinson  --  Dayton Ohio
<http://my.voyager.net/~vinsond/>