[AT] It's a Cub! Update

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 07:43:55 PDT 2005

Dana , When I pulled my 1945 Case LA down I found that it was very clean
inside, the Po had used the newer oils in for sometime.
I  recommend that anytime you buy an older tractor that you take the pan and
valve  cover off to check the condition before you start running it. A little
preventive maintenance can go a long way.

We pulled the JD "A" down that my friend bought last summer and it was a
good thing we did the whole thing was full of water. sure it cost more and takes
longer but what would we have had if we just started it up and ran it like
that.
An odd thing about oil is that it stands on top of the water and if you  pull
the dip stick stick out it will look good but it may be more water than oil
inside.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR  97361