[AT] Re: It's a Cub!

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Tue Jun 7 06:22:55 PDT 2005

Sounder,

It's interesting that I see several replies to a message I never received,
but your quote serves just fine.

The usual place to prime the pump is  plug at the rear of the block on the
left side behind the hydraulic lines (If the tractor has hydraulics).  Those
plugs can be VERY difficult to remove.  I had one last week that I COULDN'T
remove, so I looked for an alternative.  Inside the oil filter housing is an
open hole where the oil enters the housing... exactly below the plug in the
deck.  I pumped some oil in the hole with a pump oiler and it worked just
fine, with the advantage that you can watch for oil flow while cranking.
The housing has to be pumped nearly full before oil will dribble out the
gauge hole

Karl,

Cecil's right... they are addicting.  My Cub herd has grown to a ridiculous
13!  Try to keep it under control if you can!  :-)

Dean,

The Cubs tolerate the little John Deere, but it just kinda skulks around in
the background.

Charlie,

The Cub has a flat head engine, so no valve cover other than the flat plate
on the side of the engine.  The oil filler/dipstick goes directly into the
crankcase.

George Willer