[AT] Re: Big round baler?

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 10:09:11 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/30/2005 5:23:24 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
at-request at lists.antique-tractor.com writes:

Big  round baler?

after 25yrs of  round bales  and  watching others  and  even listening to
the forums more so lately  I would say  if  you  found an older  New Holland
chain style baler  (they  are cheap)  you would be fine.   ours  has had  less
than  $3000 spent on  it in  repairs in that length of time..  and  $1000 of
it was   a big main drive shaft ---that if a  guy  had the time could have
repaired  with out buying a new  one.  the other big expense was  the main chain
that was $600 at the  time....    this is 23 yrs of  use on around  100 acrs  a
year

I think the belts make nicer looking bales but  for what I have  baled
(trees,  posts,  fencewire,  dry hay,  wet  hay,  straw out of a rotory combine
w/chopper)  I dont think you can  go to wrong.