[Ford-ferguson] live pto vs ind pto

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 29 05:19:56 PDT 2005

>From: David Bruce <davidbruce at yadtel.net>
>Subject: Re: [Ford-ferguson] mf-35 / live pto
>At least around here, live PTO is distinguished from a two stage clutch.
>In

I would rather think that independent pto is distinguished from a 2 stage
clutch, with their commonality is that they both provide 'live' pto.

>many situations, the two stage clutch and the independent live PTO function
>essentially the same so in practical terms they act about the same.
>David

With the the independent pto on a seperate clutch, about the only thing I
can think of as a difference is that you could engage the pto on the go,
while on a 2 stage clutch.. you couldn't... and would have to come to a stop
to get the pto engaged, as the first level of the clutch is the dirvetrain,
and the full down section of the clutch is the pto.. etc.

Soundguy