[AT] 1929 John Deere D

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Wed Jun 29 07:18:29 PDT 2005

Well I bit the bullet and out bid someone called "Turkeybutt101" on EBay.
It's in Durango, Colorado which is about 900 miles form here.
It's minus the head and radiator, but I bought it mainly for the sheet
metal. A friend loaned me a copy of Green Magazine and the reproduction
fenders there are $600 bucks a copy, not counting the brackets and stuff. I
can't even find the lower floor board sheet metal, so what I paid will make
it worth while. Plus the fact I now have a front axle to replace the one
that is broken on another D that I have found.
Interesting to note....I now have one rear end and wheels, another one I'm
currently restoring, the one I just bought and have found another with the
axle broken I just may acquire........AND.....I'm not really a JD nut!!!

Dave