[Ford-ferguson] mf-35 / live pto

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 28 04:34:27 PDT 2005

>From: David Bruce <davidbruce at yadtel.net>
>Subject: Re: [Ford-ferguson] MF 35 PTO question
>A partial depress of the clutch pedal will disengage the wheels while
>leaving the PTO running.  A
>full depress of the clutch will disengage the wheels and the PTO
>So, I guess it's not really a live PTO.

How can it not be... you can clutch and stop forward motion of the tractor
and still power the pto?!

That is defacto 'live pto'  Live pto is generally either 2 stage clutch, or
independent.  Other options would be something like a hand clutche affecting
an axle or diffy, while still allowing the tranny based pto to turn on
single stage clutch systems.  Early implementation.. but still hwat i would
call  'live'.  Sherman made a 'live pto' setup using hyd activated clutches
back around the time of the NAA.. rare.. but functional.

Soundguy