[Farmall] K5 bushings

Karl Olmstead olmstead at ridgenet.net
Thu Jun 23 16:01:49 PDT 2005

Figured out a simpler way to pull the throttle shaft bushing on the Zenith
K5 carbureter.  The smaller throttle shaft bushing is 'blind'; it has carb
body behind it so that you can't push it out.  It has a 5/16" diameter hole
for the throttle shaft.  I ran in my 3/8" NC tap, threading the bushing for
about five turns, and then used a bolt and a stack of washers to pull the
bushing.  Picked up this trick from the John Deere guys; that's how they
pull the main nozzles on JD carbs.

The K5 on my '36 F-20 was all black; no sign of gray or red paint.  Maybe it
was a replacement carb?  At any rate, I repainted it black.  Should be able
to start that tractor this weekend.

-karl