[Farmall] Oliver Cletrac HG Question

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Jun 19 05:55:22 PDT 2005

Yes - the previous owner neglected to install a "ballast" resistor in
series with the ignition side of the coil to keep the voltage down to
about 6 volts. Ballast resistors, usually off-white rectangular ceramic
and about 2" long with a mounting bracket, can usually be found at an
auto parts store and can be installed anywhere in the circuit between
the ignition switch and the coil. I use ones that were sold for use with
  1960's Chrysler car systems. They do get hot, however, so it is a good
idea to put one where there is some air flow. The most common place is
at or near the coil bracket.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

In politics stupidity is not a handicap.
- Napoleon Bonaparte