[AJD] Parts washer fluid

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 17:37:26 PDT 2005

Kyle,

       I to use mineral spirits/paint thinner/varsol..  I get mine at Wal-Mart since it is cheaper per gallon than at any of the Oil Distributors, or paint supply houses here locally.  The stuff doesn't smell that bad but does have a odor, but I have not found it be be offensive. I would not get into the tank without some type of gloves.  In my former line of work, we provided our Tank Truck drivers with Nitrle gloves which were recommemded for petroleum products. I have also used Kerosene but it is more expensive than the Mineral spirits...

Ken Jones

Kyle Sands <willys_46 at mail.com> wrote:
Hello - is there a good solvent out there that cuts grease well, is non-toxic, and doesn't have much of an odor? I'd like to get in there with my hands and not have to worry about choking on fumes or ruining my hands; but I also want some stuff that really cleans well.

Thanks!

Kyle Sands <>< Alexandria, MN