[AT] OT Land prices was RE: B Allis

Rob Gray Robgray at epix.net
Wed Jun 15 20:59:14 PDT 2005

Talk about land prices. In just the last few years I went from never
hearing from a land speculator or developer to getting about one
solicitation per week with parties wanting to buy the land for home
building. Even though my immediate area is still nice and rural, the
"McMansion" thunder is closing in on the area fast. It is now about 5 to
10 miles away now :(   Unlike some who want to sell, I look at this
change overall as a bad thing as it will only lead to more development,
more school taxes and ultimately will probably drive me off the family
place. To be honest also, I don't know how these people can afford these
houses. I was on jury duty last week and some people in the jury said
that many of these McMansion homebuyers are financing with
"interest-only" loans. That sounds like a recipe for disaster if the
housing market falters! I guess people call all of this "progress", and
to be honest there is little that can be done about it so I don't worry
about it  .... Darn, I'm starting to sound like my late grandfather...
lol....The sky is falling... lol

Rob
NE PA