[AT] A little of topic Antique moulding plane

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Wed Jun 15 20:37:40 PDT 2005

Charlie and Cecil,

I coveted a Stanley #55 for many years for my large collection of old
planes, mostly wooden.  They are really classy with their nickel plating and
rosewood wooden parts.  I finally settled for a #45 which is really the same
plane but with fewer cutters.  When we moved to this place I no longer had a
place to display them, so I let them all go at the auction in 1999.  I would
have kept them all in the attic had I known I'd be giving them away... the
#45 only brought $20.  The working wooden planes, several Sargeant and
Stanley/Bailey are still in the shop.  :-)

George Willer