[AT] OT Land prices was RE: B Allis

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Wed Jun 15 20:08:34 PDT 2005

It does grow some trees OK. I have been actively managing the timber crop
since I bought the place. I hope to have a timber sale in a couple of years
which should return most of what I paid for the place. I have hundreds of
yellow poplar that are 16"-28" DBH, straight as an arrow, no lower limbs and
TALL. I'm over-run with red maple and I also have a fair amount of oak,
hickory, beech, some cherry, and a few linden (basswood). I've been culling
garbage trees and cutting grapevines and doing a good bit of crop-tree
release work around the good stuff along with planting a few thousand white
pines just to put some color in the woods in the winter.
Mark