[AT] Really depressing loss of old iron...

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Jun 15 16:38:30 PDT 2005

> 	I also have several IH mowers of that style. I am going to keep one of those that has a
> rear "steel" wheel and will likely save some parts from one or two of the others back for
> it. We have 4 other sickle mowers that we are keeping. I have a belly mount sickle for my
> AC-C, a pull type New Idea and a drawbar mount Co-op with two caster wheels on the rear.
> Son Scott has a 3 point MM sickle mower.

	It must be that time of the year or something as I just made
arrangements to get rid of two old horse drawn sickle bar mowers myself.
I had no desire to have to move these some day and decided some of this
"horse" stuff has to go. A disc or two, a drag, an old potato digger
with a sulky up front to hold the evener and the two mowers. I have
two good working sickle bar mowers on my tractors - one on the AC G and
the other on the D-14 so don't need these. They are pretty rusty but
should have quite a few useable parts yet. I am glad to see them go as
I won't have to mow around them any more.

	I also have a good two bottom JD 2-14 plow - rope trip - that
I am going to sell one of these days. It even has the original JD plow
clevis that hooks into the release at the front. And, the button that
goes thru one of the holes in the seat and has the spring clip that
holds the rope.

	There are also a couple single row PTO potato diggers that are
going one of these days. One that works great and one for parts. I
would think someone growing a very large garden and up to a couple
acres of potatoes for the market would want these.

	And no, I'm not selling that old Century grader that sits
there off to one side. I think I'll take that along when we move and
use it as a yard ornament.

	I've been looking at my nice old wooden stave type orchard
sprayer with a Cushman Cub engine that should be sold. I doubt I will
ever feel like restoring it and as long as that wooden tank is still
good, it should be worth restoring to someone. It's been sitting right
where it is for over 10 years now - and maybe 15 years - and should
be saved before it self destructs.

	Sometimes I wonder where all this stuff comes from. Sometimes
I think people must bring it in the night and drop it off.

Cecil