[Ford-ferguson] Re: Ford-ferguson Digest, Vol 13, Issue 7

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 15 04:52:18 PDT 2005

Fergy and 9n/2n Hyds are draft hyds only.  No position control.  You need to
get a set of limit chains to go from the toplink connection tot he mower..
they are common and available.  Now.. if your mower is not level side to
side.. then that is what you use the adjustable link for.. screw it in or
out till the mower sets level... then install your chain brackets at the
toplink pin, and chains a tthe lift pins... lift mower where you want it to
ride.. perhaps a half inch higher than you want it.. attach the chains..
then relaxe the hyds a bit, and the chains take up the weight and limit the
lowest cut height.  You can still raise the lift to go over obstructions..
then plop it down , knowing, that it will stop where you set it.

As another poster said.. if you do the hyds.. do it all.. drop the pump..
replace the check valve, either repalce the lift cyl and 3 ring piston.. or
hone the old cyl and get a new ford NAA style piston that uses an oring and
washer.  New gaskets.. etc.  Probably 90$ in parts not including the
cylinder itself.. figure 180 with new cyl.. etc.

That and 5'gs of tranny fluid.  Not a hard job.. but a dirty one.  With a
manual you should be able to do it all in one day, top to bottom and get it
back together and refilled .

Soundguy