[AT] Really depressing loss of old iron...

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Jun 14 06:57:19 PDT 2005

I know how you feel Farmer.  A few years ago some folks logged out a mature
pine forrest near here.  It was about 30 acres and in the middle of it was
an old saw mill and shed.  Under the shed along with the saw mill were 2 JD
unstyled A's (I think).  They had been there long enough untouched for the
former field to grow into pine trees that were 20 inches or more on the
stump.

They dragged the tractors out near the road and angled them as if they were
on display but with no for sale signs.  At the time I didn't have much extra
cash ( I never do.  LOL) and I don't know much about JD's so I never stopped
to look at them or ask about them.
I figured the guys either intended to keep them or wanted big money for them
based on the way they had "staged" them.

After several weeks, months, they disappeared.  I found out later that they
cut them up for scrap.

Made me sick.

Charlie