[AT] Really depressing loss of old iron...

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Jun 14 06:53:57 PDT 2005

>  Scott's friend went to see him at the
> site and took a "bunch" of cash and tried to buy several pieces telling the guy to just
> give him a price but the cutter just kept saying everything was worth more as scrap and
> would not consider quoting an asking price of any kind.
> 	The old iron flag is flying at half mast here...

	What a shame. The guy could at least have taken a few
minutes to sell scrap to Scott's friend. What difference could
it have made to him where the money comes from if it is all
scrap anyhow?

	There is an ag scrap facility near my home town in
southern MN but they will bend over backwards to help you if
you are interested in anything they have to be cut up. I've
been there several times and the yard is open to walk thru
and whatever is there is for sale at scrap prices. I'm glad
they are not all like the one near you.

Cecil